Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Social Networks Have Shown Reasons For Being Different

Wednesday, April 15, 2009


As of late, I have begun to get into social networking at a new level of vigor. Even though for the most part the people I communicate with online are the same people I typically see on a daily basis. So why must I be so connected with the same people? Honestly, I have not a clue. But I have noticed that I'm using the functions of social networks to different extents. As Twitter is simply a system of status updates, I am now seeing it as a giant bulletin board that users post to, and each user can discriminate between whom they would like to listen to and what is just noise as usual. Whereas Facebook you can do the same thing, but it's more global to photos, notes, and other comments. Then, there is Myspace - yes I still use Myspace, even with it's declining functions. Myspace is used for the very few people who are stuck two or three years back, it's the passageway for my communication to those who are stuck in the past. You could also include Gmail and Blogger as social networks. These are now daily aspects of life. Gmail, because it's my primary email and I've linked my other emails to it, making it my center point. Then Blogger, I have increased my activity in my posting recently. This I can attribute to attempting to complete Project 365, though it seems like uite a feat to accomplish.
I have different purposes for each social networking site, this might mean I don't have as much of a real life as I do in creating a second one. But, I use each as I see fit, and as I think is just - or how I prefer to use them, as I will talk to someone on Myspace easily, yet on Facebook we really don't communicate like that.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Desolate Civilization ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates