Thursday, April 9, 2009

Project 365 (5-6/365)

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Though I had the surgery yesterday, I was still in search of pictures for Project 365.


Day 5 (Yesterday's)

On my way to await surgery, driving down to MIA early in the morning, just after 6 A.M.  What's cool is that you can see the reflections of the light poles on the other side of I-95, and the city lig
hts as the sun rises to greet the city.  Just a cool picture from the iPhone.




This is right before
 going into surgery.  Literally two or thr
ee minutes after I took this picture and gave up the phone I passed out on the to have
 my shoulder fixed.  If you look close you can see where the nurse had a tough time trying to stick the IV in, she finally threaded the IV the second time.  But of course as it was going in and coming out (no pun intended) I could feel the plastic piece in my vein, which didn't help at all since I absolutely hate needles.



Day 6 (Today's)




You can see plainly where the doctor had fun.  These are three of five insicions in my shoulder - delectable aren't they?  Closed up by staples, I forsee them being an uuber amount of fun to be taken out.  At least the scaring won't be bad, only sets of dots around five lines on my arm.





These have truly become my best friends.  They all help to the end objective for the moment: ease the pain of my shoulder.  The couch helps alliviate some of the pressure from my hanging arm - the sling really isn't all that helpful.  The peas are my ice bag that conforms and doesn't melt, altogether I have four of them to switch between, and they have helped with the swelling.  Lastly, the pills.  My biggest complaint today was not being able to take the full dosage, I'm fine with the recommended dose, it's when my mother goes estrange and only lets me get one!  The pain is really that serious, bad thing is these bad boys make me loopy.  Good thing it's Spring Break.

Well the last two days have been about this awful shoulder of mine, hoping it gets better soon.  Gotta find something for tomorrow........

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Desolate Civilization ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates