Monday, March 16, 2009

Just Plain Weird

Monday, March 16, 2009

How do you feel when someone tells you about a traumatic experience?  Is there sympathy?  What about hearing about a rape?  Whether on the television, or when someone tells me outright, I just don't feel right knowing about it.  I don't feel like it's my place to know that much about a person - it's worse when a person speaks about it openly, and care free.  I have no sympathy, because I could never put myself in that place.  I have no sympathy, because it's just a foreign activity that's heard on the news and told in stories.

The bold move of displaying a full out rape on the big screen was done by the movie "The Last House on the Left", which has recently came out.  Watching this, one is supposed to feel emotions.  Sympathy for the young girl, and disgust for the killer who rapes her.  Yet I felt nothing, it was still foreign.  Rape is serious, and it's just something I'll probably never be in touch with (most likely a good thing).  Normally I find the good and some what disturbing (funny) view of things, but this is one topic where there is none.
Not sure why this topic came up exactly, but felt the need for it to be out there....................................................

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Desolate Civilization ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates