Sunday, June 7, 2009

New Friend Request

Sunday, June 7, 2009


Yes, this is another rant upon current social networking sites.


Lately, as within the last 3 months, every week I get 7-10 friend requests for Facebook. I'm not that popular. And frankly I don't care for everyone at Dillard, or went there. The same goes for those going out to UF. If you start contacting me and you speak then it's another story, but if you're making Facebook into MySpace and counting the number of friends you have...get a ******* life. I don't care.
I want to use a social networking group for it's use, to have contact with people. Sure I won't talk everyday, but hell at least use the damn thing (no pun intented). I've been getting requests from people I didn't even know existed until they asked for a friend request. At least it's a quick deny. Anyways I wish stupid people would quit it. Though I doubt it.

What I find to be truthful of some of the social networking sites I do use:
  • MySpace: Desires to become Facebook. Tom has a secret profile on Facebook, watches the updates made, copies the code and applies it to MySpace. Part of why MySpace has declined so rapidly recently.
  • Facebook: Is becoming much more popular. More so by straight n00bs who know absolutely nothing about web design and navigating pages. Yes, this includes everyone's mother. Only thing that kills me is that people are begining to abuse some of the things I loved about Facebook, and it's pushing me more towards Twitter.
  • Twitter: Pure and simple status updates. I love it because you can follow whom ever you'd like (parody of "Whatever You Like" anyone?) without them having to follow you back, or accepting them to follow you. In addition you can still block stalkers. The open access of commenting towards anyone without the need of following or being followed is key I believe, it's gonna take Twitter else where that previous social networks have yet to explore.
  • YouTube: It makes rockstars.
  • G Talk: No it's not just for gangsters..."I got a G-mail"("So Fly" feat. Yung Joc). Nice chat room curtailed to associates and friends if you'd rather not E-mail them, but still provided through the G-mail services. Plus new things everyday from the 'Labs ' tab to check out and to use.
  • Blogger: Another way to rant about social networks.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
Desolate Civilization ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates